New offering simplifies day 2 activity and supplies an integrated, end-to-end SLA for cloud-based infrastructure overlaying Kubernetes, Prometheus, EFK Stack, MySQL and extra
Sunnyvale, CA – June 24, 2019 – Platform9 ( https://platform9.com/ ), director of the SaaS-managed hybrid disk, as we speak introduced Kubernetes Managed applications. This new supply extends Platform9's absolutely managed Kubernetes service and SLA guarantee to cover a variety of critical Kubernetes services and tools, including tracking, logging, database services, and extra. This makes Platform9 the one answer within the industry to provide SaaS-managed Kubernetes with a 99.9% SLA in any surroundings (native or hybrid) on both Kubernetes infrastructure and software ranges.
Bare-bones Kubernetes shouldn’t be in itself a sufficiently comprehensive, enterprise-based cloud-based infrastructure. The DevOps staff have to be in a position to easily set up and handle the lifecycle of other applications and services, resembling monitoring, tracing, logging, CI / CD, recording, databases, and more.
Kubernetes Managed Apps allows self-service, white experience and seamless day 2 operation in these applications – scale – all supporting Platform9's industry-leading 99.9% SLA.
In accordance to buyer demand, the first set of absolutely managed applications is:
- Managed Prometheus: Platform9 Managed Prometheus supplies the Dev and Ops groups with straightforward deployment and configuration of the Prometheus stack and Alert Manager as multi-tenant service. The service is HA-ready, and all everlasting storage, automated backups, and recovery are processed mechanically and are usually not required for Admin intervention.
- Managed EFK: The First Introduced Fluentd shall be followed by Elastic and Kibana integrated managed EFK
- Managed MySQL: A well-liked relational database for state-of-the-art Kubernetes applications delivered with Percona's MySQL providing
Further applications are added constantly to future releases.
Powerful Enterprise Class Expertise
Each managed software offers developers with a one-click deployment when the Operations teams handle the administration they need to manage security, license management, and capability throughout the organization.
- Self Service: Users can choose from many various applications obtainable within the Managed Apps record of Kubernetes.
- Batteries are included: The applications used in the Cubertes sometimes require integration with Prometheus monitoring, EFK logging, everlasting storage for momentary deployments, and so on. The supply of managed applications supplies these key services as built-in features delivered to every deployed managed software. Thus, self-service customers wouldn’t have to fear about putting in and configuring these dependencies once they use their own software database. In addition, monitoring and recording of each managed software is enhanced by incorporating system-level metrics on system assets with out the participation or configuration required by finish customers.
- Built-in SLA: Managed Software Lifecycle Administration – Including Version Compatibility and Updates in All Instances – and all dependent elements required to run a managed software. This consists of 24/7 proactive monitoring of software usage time, automated detection and troubleshooting across the software, safety patch, performance guarantee, help for Platform9 Kubernetes certified engineers and software specialists, and so forth.
- Help for multi-tenant, multi-cluster, or proprietary deployment: IT Ops can simply deploy and configure any of the listed managed applications in the type of multi-tenant, multi-cluster or stand-alone situations for every cluster. For example, they could permit Prometheus to be monitored in all clusters with one click on. In this method, as more and more applications are developed, they’re potential with out-of-control controls at no additional value.
- Full RBAC capability for particular person namespaces or cluster-wide capabilities for quick access to IT guides for developers and self-service
- Simple Consumer Interface or Kubectl CLI: All managed applications may be accessed and used either by way of a easy interface or the unique Kubectl CLI interface – as an alternative to cope with separate, complicated YAML or other configuration information / tools
- LAGs benefit from centralized visibility, administration and management across all Kubernetes services, similar to monitoring, logging, storage, service networking and other services.
Each new managed software that’s added to the record of managed applications is first revealed in the "Beta" part and progressively progresses to a "fully managed" degree when it matures, and all supported capabilities are transferred to the product
SLAs for particular person applications are complemented by SLAs: already offered by Platform9 itself to the Kubernetes infrastructure itself. Relying on the complexity of the chosen managed software, the SLA and absolutely managed performance may additionally embrace further features comparable to database and geographic catastrophe restoration to databases, and advanced integrated services with other provided managed applications, automated backup or recovery,
In many of these instances, Platform9 collaborates on certain applications or with the varied organizations behind the Kubernetes operators to promote their clients' improvement and ongoing help. The first such collaboration with Percona is thanks to MySQL providing – allows automated backups, DR, zero touch updates, help and more.
Platform9 Managed Apps permits organizations to maximize the value of open source for each Kubernets and databases – delivering them as an built-in managed service together with SLA with one click on, ”stated Peter Zaitsev, founder and CEO of Percona. “With Kubernetes Managed Apps, organizations can benefit from MySQL, use production, produce seamless functionality, and reduce complexity for both Devi and Ops.”
”Managed Apps is a large accelerator for a corporation like our Kubernets. The unified consumer experience and seamless management between infrastructure and Kubernetes applications mean that our engineers shouldn’t have to spend cycles to study each new software, API, operator, integration, and so forth. Our motion group does not have to fear about how to use these applications or troubleshooting how they work collectively. We will solely eat them as managed services and concentrate on offering our clients with quicker software, ”stated Ravi Ravichandra, Cloud Platform Design, Cloud Operations and Juniper Networks Help Services.
Open Source Strategy
Open Open Source Open Platform Platform9 utilizes Kubernetes group options, reminiscent of Kubernetes operators. These are extended to a number of managed applications so that organizations can profit from a totally managed service and SLA without having to cope with the administration of multiple administrations related to a number of applications, operators and their production. In this method, companies can simply accept both the Kubernetes and Kubernetes applications on a scale, and should not have administrative overheads for the underlying infrastructure stack or associated services and tools.
“The increasing complexity of deployment of Kubernetes infrastructure and related applications creates a need for the company to develop self-service and management around all related tools and services for developers and IT services teams around the core infrastructure,” says Madhura Maskasky, Platform9's co-founder and VP. “Kubernetes Managed Apps is designed to solve this challenge strategically by expanding Platform9's seamless management experience from Kubernetes Day-2 to applications itself, so DevOps teams do not need to become experts in these related tools and services.”
Platform9 Kubernetes Managed Apps 
Share this: #Kubernetes @ Platform9Sys managed applications allow easy-to-use, manageable and SLA-Guarantee for #monitoring, # logging and # database tools and services https: // platform9 .com / press / kubernetes- managed-application-tracking-logging-databases-enables-easy-to-use-and-sla-warranty-for-critical-cubernetes-tools-and-services / @PrometheusIO @fluentd #mysql
About Platform9  Platform9 ( platform9.com ) supplies a SaaS-managed hybrid heat answer that transforms present infrastructure n cloudy. We assist corporations drive digital transformation by enabling them to manage VM units, containers, and server-free performance on all infrastructures – on-site, in public clouds, or on the edge – with self-service, easy and constant expertise. Clients resembling Cadence, Autodesk, Veritas, Nanometrics, EBSCO, Bitly, S&P International and Aruba will see a rise in IT efficiency of 300 %, a 33 % quicker market, and a 50-80 % improvement in knowledge middle utilization and value reduction. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, it is supported by Redpoint Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Canvas Ventures and HPE.